When your ConnectiCare Medicare Advantage plan includes the over-the-counter (OTC) benefit, you can get covered for the OTC items below. Your benefit amount and how you get your OTC items and supplies depends on the plan you join.
Visit a ConnectiCare Center
Which over-the-counter (OTC) items does ConnectiCare cover?
Our plan covers CMS-approved over-the-counter (OTC) health-related items. Certain brands are included. Eligible health categories include:
- Allergy, sinus, and combination liquids and tablets.
- Cough, cold, and flu liquids and tablets.
- Denture/dental care (floss, toothbrush, toothpaste, and denture care).
- Elevated toilet seats and accessories.
- Instant hand sanitizer.
- Masks (respiratory, barrier, etc.)
- Protective gloves
- And more!
Our plan does not cover over-the-counter (OTC) items in these categories (note: non-covered items can change):
- Diabetes care (blood glucose testing, continuous glucose monitoring devices, insulin, syringes and delivery systems). Diabetes supplies are covered by your plan as a medical benefit.
- Herbals and botanicals (echinacea, ginseng-ginkgo biloba)
- Foot care (foot grooming, foot moisturizers, exfoliators and cleansers, odor and wetness treatment, insoles/inserts)
- Weight management (nutritional drinks, sports and energy drinks, meal replacement, foods – liquids, powders, and bars)
- Oral care (mouthwash and breath remedies)
Please note the above product lists are subject to change. Items, quantities, sizes, and brands change depending on availability at the retailer.
Take a look at the chart below to find your plan and information on how to use your OTC benefit:
Last Update 01/01/2023