ConnectiCare has contracted with CareCentrix to manage post-acute care for our commercial and Medicare members, effective Sept. 5, 2017.
Here are some key details:
- CareCentrix will manage authorization of services provided to ConnectiCare members being discharged to skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities and home health care providers.
- CareCentrix’s services will last up to 90 days after discharge from acute-care facilities.
- CareCentrix will also manage authorization of post-acute care durable medical equipment and non-specialty home infusion services.
- ConnectiCare will continue to manage discharges to long-term acute care facilities.
- ConnectiCare will continue to manage authorization of home health, durable medical equipment and non-specialty home infusion services when these services are not related to a post-acute episode of care.
If providers do not obtain authorization, as described above, from CareCentrix for acute-care discharges on or after Sept. 5, 2017, claims may be denied.
Claims and appeals processes are not changing: Please continue to submit claims, claims questions and appeals to ConnectiCare.
CareCentrix is contacting affected providers to arrange a convenient time for training on the authorization process.