You may not have in-person gatherings for the holidays this year. But that doesn’t mean they won’t be special. Here are a few ideas to help you send smiles to the ones you love:
- If you live close by, consider dropping off some holiday spirit. Prepare your favorite family recipe and pack individual containers to leave at doorsteps.
- Consider gifts from the heart. You might knit a scarf, paint a birdhouse, write a poem, make a video… there are many ways to send a personal touch.
- Gather some of their favorite things for a care package. Think about items they can use while they’re staying home, like puzzles, books, and hot cocoa or tea. Try to allow extra time if you’re sending by mail.
- Schedule video calls with friends and family throughout the holidays. This will help you feel connected and still let you see everyone this season.
- Many are struggling because of the pandemic. If you are able, team up with family to make a donation to a charity that is close to home or is meaningful to your clan.
ConnectiCare members can save on more remote gifting ideas with BenefitHub.* (Registration is required but no cost for ConnectiCare members.
*BenefitHub is currently available to individuals under 65 with ConnectiCare plans.