FARMINGTON, Conn. – Yoga In Our City, presented by ConnectiCare, today announced the launch of its 10th season in parks across Connecticut. The popular summertime program allows Connecticut residents to boost their mental, physical, and spiritual wellbeing with free yoga classes in Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, New London, Waterbury, and Willimantic.
“With increased burnout, financial burdens due to inflation, and ongoing challenges related to the pandemic, Connecticut residents are searching for affordable wellness resources that boost their physical and mental health,” said Kimberly Kann, AVP, Public Relations and Corporate Communications at ConnectiCare. “We’re proud to support Yoga In Our City and its mission of providing free yoga classes to communities across our home state.”
Physical benefits of yoga include improved strength, balance, flexibility, heart health, sleep quality, and energy. Mental and emotional benefits of yoga include stress relief, improved cognitive skills such as learning and memory, improved mood, decreased anxiety, and reduced feelings of loneliness.
“We’re thrilled to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Yoga In Our City in Connecticut parks,” said Thomas Clynch, Founder of Yoga In Our City. “Thanks to continued support from ConnectiCare, Yoga In Our City has developed and grown in many ways since its inception in 2012. Our partnership with the company allows us to offer this essential resource to all residents, regardless of their experience with the practice.”
Yoga In Our City offers more than 600 free yoga classes throughout the season, including five bilingual classes per week at parks in Hartford, New Haven, and Willimantic. The 2022 program will run from now through October 9. The entire class schedule can be found below and at yogainourcity.com.
- Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. – Seaside Park
- Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. – Ellsworth Park
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. – Beardsley Park
- Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. – Seaside Park
- Mondays at 5:30 p.m. – Bushnell Park*
- Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. – Elizabeth Park
- Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. – Bushnell Park
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. – Elizabeth Park*
- Fridays at 5:30 p.m. – Keney Park
- Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. – Pope Park
- Sundays at 10:00 a.m. – Colt Park
- Mondays at 5:30 p.m. – Scantlebury Park
- Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. – Edgewood Park
- Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. – Scantlebury Park*
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. – Edgewood Park*
- Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. East Rock Park
- Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. - Green Harbor Park
- Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. - Williams Park
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. - Green Harbor Park
- Saturdays at 5:30 p.m. - Williams Park
- Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. – Hamilton Park
- Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. – Fulton Park
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. – Buck’s Hill Park
- Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. – Chase Park
- Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. - Jillson Square
- Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. - Lauter Park
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. - Jillson Square*
- Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. - Lauter Park
*Classes with asterisks (*) are led by a bilingual teacher (Spanish).
All Yoga In Our City classes are free and open to residents of all ages and skill levels, and registration is not required. Participants are encouraged to bring a bottle of water and a yoga mat or towel to each class.
ConnectiCare is a leading health plan in the state of Connecticut. ConnectiCare has been dedicated to making Connecticut a healthier place to live and work since the company was founded in 1981. ConnectiCare has a full range of products and services for businesses, municipalities, individuals and those who are Medicare-eligible and leads the individual market in the state. ConnectiCare subsidiary, WellSpark Health, is a national wellbeing, disease prevention and management company. ConnectiCare is part of the EmblemHealth family of companies. For more information, visit connecticare.com.
About Yoga In Our City
Yoga In Our City is a non-profit program of Civic Mind. The program has been committed to building happier, healthier communities through compassion, gratitude, and mindfulness since its establishment in 2012. Yoga In Our City brings communities together with free yoga in public parks in 6 cities across the state; Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, New London, Waterbury, and Willimantic. Yoga In Our City welcomes everyone of all ages, sizes, and abilities. For more information visit, yogainourcity.com.