Farmington, CT (March 23, 2020) - Today, ConnectiCare, one of the region’s leading health plans, announced that members can temporarily use telehealth for covered medical and mental health services at no cost.
“We know our members are concerned about protecting themselves and their families from the COVID-19 virus while also facing other health challenges. To make it easier for our members to get the care they need, ConnectiCare is eliminating the financial burden associated with office visits by covering telehealth appointments for any reason,” said Eric Galvin, President. “Our member’s health and well-being are our top priority. We’re here to help our members, during this extraordinary time just as we are every day.”
The company is allowing no-cost member real time visits with medical and mental health professionals by phone, computer, and mobile app. ConnectiCare members can have telehealth visits with in-network doctors by contacting their primary care provider’s, specialists’, or mental health counselor’s offices. The office staff will arrange appointments and offer instructions on how to connect with the health care professional.
Members enrolled in plans through an employer, Access Health CT or a SOLO plan can also have virtual visits from home by using MDLIVE. Medicare Advantage members can have the same by using Teladoc®. Links to MDLIVE and Teladoc® can be found at connecticare.com.
The stress of the pandemic may cause or contribute to anxiety, depression, or other mental health condition. Members can, at no charge, call the Optum support line at 866-342-6892 for help getting connected to caring professionals.
Below are some of the many resources ConnectiCare is offering to help its members reduce the potential spread of the virus:
- Encouraging its members who feel ill to contact their doctors
- Covering telehealth visits for covered medical and mental health services at no cost through May 31, 2020
- Note: Telehealth may not be clinically appropriate for all covered services or offered by all providers. ASO plans may have different telehealth benefits.
- Increasing prescription drug refills to cover 90-day supplies of many maintenance drugs
- Covering visits associated with COVID-19 testing for patients who meet CDC guidelines, as well as the related office visit, walk-in visit, or emergency department visit
- Regularly updating a dedicated webpage including the latest facts and guidance in plain language
- Sharing information through social media and video messages on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Sending educational emails to members
- Making outbound calls to members at higher risk
- Offering assistance through our 1-800-251-7722 toll-free member services line
With safety in mind, ConnectiCare has temporarily closed its centers to visitors and suspended all group classes. More information is available at www.connecticare.com.
“ConnectiCare is here to help Connecticut residents get and stay healthy. We want every Connecticut resident to have the peace of mind that having health insurance provides; especially during this pandemic,” said Mr. Galvin. “We encourage residents without health insurance to take advantage of the new Special Enrollment Period being offered by Access Health CT.” The Access Health CT new Special Enrollment Period for qualified uninsured Connecticut residents runs from March 19 through April 2, 2020. More information is available by calling 1-855-365-2428; TTY: 1-855-789-2428
ConnectiCare is a leading health plan in the state of Connecticut. A local company for more than 35 years, ConnectiCare has a full range of products and services for businesses, municipalities, individuals and those who are Medicare-eligible. By striving to make it easy for members to get the care they need, ConnectiCare leads the individual market in the state, and is ranked among the top commercial health plans in the nation, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance. ConnectiCare is a subsidiary of EmblemHealth. For more information, visit connecticare.com. To learn about ConnectiCare’s health insurance plans, visit chooseconnecticare.com.