We will require preauthorization for some drugs covered under the Part B drug benefit for Medicare Advantage members starting Jan. 1, 2018. This policy is consistent with the preauthorization process now in place for ConnectiCare commercial plans, including individual and group policies.
Here’s a list of drugs that will require preauthorization and where you will submit requests.
Depending on the drug, preauthorization requests will be reviewed by us or by one of our partners, New Century Health (NCH) or Magellan Rx Management (Magellan Rx).
- New Century Health — Submit requests by:
- Going to my.newcenturyhealth.com (log-in required), or
- Calling NCH’s Utilization Management Intake department at 1-888-999-7713, option 1, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
- Magellan Rx Management — Submit:
- Routine requests through ih.magellanrx.com (log-in required), or
- Urgent requests by calling Magellan Rx at 1-800-424-8323, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
- ConnectiCare — Submit requests in writing by using this form and then:
- Fax: 1-877-300-9695
- Mail: ConnectiCare
Attn. Pharmacy Services
55 Water Street
New York, New York 10041