| = Registered Users Only
ConnectiCare has established itself among the best for customer service and
quality health improvement programs – receiving high marks for the positive
impact on our members’ health and well being.
- Customer Service – ConnectiCare received the highest member satisfaction for customer service of any Connecticut health plan.1
- National Accreditation – ConnectiCare’s quality has been recognized by our
industry’s toughest critic, the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
NCQA is a private, not-for-profit organization that accredits health plans based
on a rigorous and comprehensive evaluation process.
Worksite Wellness - Our Worksite Wellness initiative reached 7,408 employees at more than 300 company locations, delivering everything from back care and stress reduction to fitness and nutrition. In addition, ConnectiCare offers comprehensive services to help large employers develop, implement and administer incentive and rewards programs and measure their effectiveness.
Pharmacy Quality - Our Pharmacy Quality Initiatives have
shown significant impact in addressing cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease,
asthma, and drug safety in the elderly.
- Value-Added Programs & Tools
- LifeMart Discounts – LifeMart is a private online marketplace made available to all ConnectiCare members, Medicare, Commercial and Exchange. As one of the largest shopping platforms on the Internet, LifeMart features hundreds of offers on millions of products and services from national and local retailers, including everyday savings, local and national discounts and limited time offers. This benefit program is available at no additional cost to ConnectiCare customers.
- College Tuition Rewards® – The College Tuition Rewards program provides tuition discounts to children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews designated by customers of ConnectiCare commercial health plans. College Tuition Reward points can be redeemed at 1 point = $1 towards tution at any of the 300 private colleges that participate in the SAGE Scholars Network across 45 states.3
- ConnectiCare Touchpoints – ConnectiCare Touchpoints, is a
comprehensive program of Health and Wellness tools, resources and services all
designed to help your employees – those in good health as well as those with
health conditions – take a proactive role in their health. Your employees can
access the programs, tools and information in Touchpoints online.
Healthy Alternatives - ConnectiCare's programs are designed
to encourage healthy lifestyles and preventive measures that protect against and
detect serious illness. Our HEDIS® results show that our preventive care programs ranked in the
top 25% or better in most categories among over 400 health plans measured
Treatment Cost Calculator - ConnectiCare's calculator tool helps you take the guesswork out of health care decisions. The online tool is available to ConnectiCare members and allows you to find information quickly about the three most important factors involved in choosing a health care provider: cost, quality and convenience.
- Find doctors, hospitals and clinics in your area
- Review cost estimates based on actual ConnectiCare claims data
- Compare providers according to quality, cost and location
- View a personalized estimate of out-of-pocket expenses
- Health Management Programs
- BREATHE - ConnectiCare's program to help members
with Asthma and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), including
emphysema and chronic bronchitis, manage their condition. This program has led
to a 22% decrease in asthma-related hospital bed days and a 55% decrease in COPD-related hosptial bed days from 2009 to 2010.
DiabetiCare - ConnectiCare's program to help members stay in control of their Diabetes. Among other things, we encourage our members with diabetes to have their cholesterol checked annually. In 2007-2009, 88% of our diabetic members had their cholesterol screening done.
HeartCare - ConnectiCare's cardiac program has two components:
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) and Congestive Heart Failure (CHF). This program
provides our members with heart problems the education and support they need to
make the necessary lifestyle modifications to lower their risk of cardiac events. This program has shown positive results, with the number of all-cause hospital bed days for members with CHF dropping 15% from 2009 to 2010.
QuitCare - ConnectiCare program that offers smoking
cessation coaching to all ConnectiCare members in all health management programs
regardless of risk. QuitCare participants receive phone support from a Quit
Coach and educational materials in the mail. Members with pharmacy benefits also
receive coverage for Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT).
- Case Management Programs
1 Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems, (CAHPS). Competitors included Aetna, CIGNA and UnitedHealthCare/Oxford Health Plans.
- Special Care Case Management - If you are dealing with multiple health conditions or a serious health problem, we know that you will need special attention. ConnectiCare’s Special Care Case Management Program is designed to focus on chronic illnesses and their management challenges.
- Transplant Case Management - The Transplant Case Management Program is designed to provide ConnectiCare members and their families with education, support and advocacy. A registered nurse with experience in transplant management calls members to help them obtain and coordinate necessary health care services, while helping them maximize health care benefits. The nurses are information resources regarding transplants, cost issues, community resources, and care options.
- Kidney Resource Services - The KRS Program focuses on members who have been diagnosed with Stage 4 or 5 Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) or End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and receiving dialysis at home or at a facility. For members diagnosed with CKD, the program is designed to delay progression to dialysis and avoid co-morbidities. If dialysis is unavoidable, the case managers provide guidance to help members choose a modality and providers that best meet their individual needs. For members with ESRD on dialysis, the program focuses on reducing medical complications associated with ESRD and provides each member with an individualized care plan and education based on national clinical treatment guidelines. The program also works with all providers involved to coordinate care including dialysis facilities and physicians.
- Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) Case Management - The NICU Case Management Program focuses on families with newborns who have been admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care unit after birth. The program provides support and guidance to families with neonates while working with hospitals to oversee the appropriateness of care.
2 2010 HEDIS® (Health Plan Employer Data and Information Set) Report
3 Tuition Rewards are tuition points that may be applied to tuition only at SAGE Scholar Network colleges and have no cash value.