Commercial - Pharmacy Program
ConnectiCare's pharmacy benefit provides coverage of certain over-the-counter
(OTC) medications, subject to the terms and conditions of the pharmacy rider and
the following criteria:
1. The OTC medication must be one of the covered OTC medication listed below.
2. The member must obtain a prescription for the OTC medication from the prescribing physician.
3. The OTC medication must be filled at a pharmacy by a pharmacist; otherwise, it will not be covered.
4. When such OTC medications are covered, the member is responsible to pay the applicable cost-share amount according to the ConnectiCare Drug List.
The following OTC medications are covered:
• Omeprazole OTC (Prilosec OTC)
• Loratidine OTC (Claritin, Alavert OTC)
• Cetirizine OTC (Zyrtec OTC)
• Ketotifen ophthalmic (Zaditor OTC)