Fitness & Wellness
- Use all basic amenities like exercise equipment, pools and saunas. Plus, take SilverSneakers classes.*
- Have guidance and assistance from a Program AdvisorTM
- Enjoy fun social activities.
Sign up for SilverSneakers Steps® if you can’t get to a fitness location. Select a fitness kit that you can use at home or on the go:
- General fitness
Try SilverSneakers FLEXTM which includes:
- Classes and activities at parks, recreation centers and other local venues
- Online class/activity locator and easy sign-up.
Log on to the SilverSneakers member website, where you’ll find:
- Tools to assess your health and track your activity
- Expert advice plus meal plans and healthy recipes
- Support from the SilverSneakers community.
*Classes and amenities vary by location
Health & Wellness Support Services
As a ConnectiCare member, you’ll have access to many health and wellness resources and services. These are offered at no additional cost beyond the monthly plan premium.
Important health reminders
Staying on top of your health is important. That’s why ConnectiCare provides informational mailings, phone calls and postcards to encourage the use of needed preventive health services, screenings and immunizations. These may include:
- Colorectal Screening
- Osteoporosis Screening
- Diabetic Care Reminder
Medicare Care Management Program
This program focuses on supporting our members with a chronic health condition or complex health needs.
A Registered Nurse or Social Work Care Manager will work with you and your primary care physician to:
- Identify any gaps in your health care and address concerns you may have
- Help to identify and achieve your goals of care
- Connect you to other health care resources (social workers, pharmacists and behavioral health providers, etc.) based on your needs to help you reach your goal.
Online Tools and Resources
Visit the Health Management Center and find tools and resources to help you better manage your health:
- Personal Health Record
- Physcian Profiles
- Connecticut hospital quality ratings & safety comparisons
- Preventive health guidelines
- Health Topics A to Z
- Price a medication
- Locate a pharmacy
H3528_16_4006_01 CMS Approved 10/27/2015
Last Update 10/01/2015